Monday, October 22, 2012

Pinterst Tested:DoubleTree Hotel Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have already found THE Austin Family favorite chocolate chip cookie off of pinterest, but it is always fun to try another one, right? This recipe was off of Amandeleine, a website I have been following for a while. Unlike other recipes found on Pinterest where I do not know if they will turn out, I was pretty sure this recipe would since it was from a reliable source. Amandeleine has wonderful recipes!

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 3/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts (I did not use walnuts)

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Grind oats until fine. I used my nut grinder since it was easy, but a food processor would be great, too. Combine the ground oats with the flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
  3. Cream together the butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon juice in another medium bowl with an electric mixer. Add the eggs and mix until smooth.
  4. Stir the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend well. Add the chocolate chips and nuts to the dough and mix by hand until ingredients are well incorporated.
  5. Spoon rounded spoonfuls or cookie scoopfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Place the scoops about 2 inches apart. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until cookies are light brown and soft in the middle. For the best results, chill the dough overnight in the refrigerator before baking the cookies. I only chilled mine for a few hours while I made other cookies. They turned out perfect.
Makes approx. 20-30 cookies


The Results:

I loved them! They are a great cookie for fall with the hint of spice in them, and I love oatmeal. Chris liked them, but he was hung up a bit after I told him that they had cinnamon in them (He did not notice while eating the 4 spoonfuls of cookie dough or the first 3 cookies. After telling him, he thought they had too much cinnamon!) Alivia was the same way. She would not eat them when she heard me say they had cinnamon in them. Gees! Addi and Asher (and Grandpa Bill) thought they were good. :)
I would recommend them. They are not better than our favorite chocolate chip cookie, but they are at least 4 1/2 stars out of 5...and that is pretty good!

Double Tree Hotel chocolate chip cookie PIN
Our Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Pin


No comments: