I had to make something chocolate to get by until I got my monthly M&Ms at Costco (which I also did today and will do only monthly now). This was the Pin I tried from Pinterest.
Rocky Road Cookies:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 extra large egg whites
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2.5 oz sliced almonds, toasted (I skipped this as my kids would not like almonds in their cookies).
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line two sheet pans with parchment paper.* I did not have any, so I lightly sprayed the cookie sheets with Pam and it worked okay.
- In a large bowl, sift together the powdered sugar and cocoa powder. Whisk in the salt. Add the egg whites and vanilla and whisk until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out small mounds on to the parchment paper, then top each cookie with 4-5 marshmallows. Pop into the freezer for 5 minutes to chill slightly (this prevents them from spreading too much in the oven). * I did not do this and the cookies did not spread. So, who knows?
- Bake for 12-13 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Let the cookies sit on the paper for a few minutes to set, before moving them to a wire rack to cool. Are these ooey gooey or what? They are wonderful! 4 out of 5 of us liked them. Asher does not count entirely as he is fighting off a cold.
|Okay, admittedly, they look gross. BUT THEY AREN'T! Just saying...|