Monday, October 22, 2012

Pinterest Tested: Snickerdoodles



Another test from Pinterest, this time Snickerdoodles. Again, this recipe came from Amandeleine (see what I mean, she has wonderful recipes!).

I will put this out there, I am not a fan of snickerdoodles. I have not made them since I made cookies for my uncles business in high school (yes, I was a baker! I made 18 cookies a day for maybe 2 years! I love baking, and clearly, someone loved eating my cookies). Anyway, my Dad loves Snickerdoodles, so we made these cookies for his birthday along with the chocolate chip cookies. Here is the recipe from Amandeleine.

Snickerdoodles

Adapted from Amandeleine

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup shortening
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Cream together butter, shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each, then blend in the vanilla.
  3. Whisk together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Add to wet mixture and blend in.
  4. Mix the 5 tablespoons sugar and the cinnamon in a small ziploc bag.
  5. Shape a heaping tablespoonful of dough into ball and place it into the cinnamon sugar bag. Shake the bag and roll the dough around until completely coated. Repeat and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
  6. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until set but not too hard. Remove immediately from baking sheets.
Makes approx. 4 dozen cookies

Results:

Addison loved them! I have not heard if Grandpa Bill did, so I'm not sure what that means. The rest of the Austin Family believes a cookie is not a cookie if it does not contain chocolate. At least I had Addison to eat all of the leftovers, right?! The cookie itself was easy enough to make and turned out great. I would recommend if you are into snickerdoodles.

No comments: