Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pinterest Tested: French Bread

It was done in no time in my super cooker oven.
There is nothing like melt in your mouth French Bread. Mmmm! Remember Alberson's French Bread anyone???

After my last attempt to make homemade bread went well, Chris wanted more. Today it is on the cooler side (I am trying to be positive about the changing weather), so it seemed perfect for bread making.

On this pin, the direction were not very clear. You were walked through some of the ingredients while others were never mentioned? (Oil, sugar, salt??). Whatever, I hope it turns out.

Recipe:
3 cups whole wheat flour (I used bread flour)
2 Tablespoons instant dry yeast
2 cups hot water (120-130 degrees)
2 Tablespoons oil
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2-3 cups  unbleached flour (I used 3 cups)
1 egg white
1 Tablespoon water
Bake at 375  for 22-25 minutes or until deep golden brown

Recipe adapted from Pinterest and http://www.howdoesshe.com/french-bread/. 

It turned out YUMMY! 5 out of 5 stars!! Best warm right out of the oven with butter. Mmmm!

No comments: