Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Alivia is now 13!! Where does the time go? Gees I feel old.
Alivia celebrated her birthday the weekend before her birthday since her birthday fell on Memorial Day weekend. All of her friends were able to attend! It rained, but she made the best of it. She wanted to jump on the trampoline, play badminton, and play ladder ball with her friends. They took fun pictures, ate cake, and played a hide and seek game (and found my long lost credit card!). It was a fun group of girls. And, to top it off, they all game back on the last day of school, Alivia's actual birthday, and played in the back yard for a couple hours, ate ice cream and sang Happy Birthday to Alivia at her birth time. It was really cute.
Alivia has had a busy year. She did really well in the 7th grade, making the honor society, honor roll and ending the year with all A's. She is a perfectionist and works really hard. She kept busy with soccer all year round (indoor and outdoor) as well as running in cross country and track, making conferences in both. She held her own and appears to like running. We have no idea where she gets that! ;)
In Alivia's free time she likes to go shopping at the Outlets with Katy at the Under Armour and Nike Stores. She is in her room A LOT. She craves quiet and down time, too.
For her birthday, we bought her soccer gear, then returned the soccer gear after she decided she no longer liked soccer. Her coach said something to her after coming to practice without her cleats or shin guards because she came straight from a track meet. I did not think she would have time for soccer so did not bring her stuff with us. He should have yelled at me! She is not sure if she will try out the end of June. So for her birthday, we finally caved and gave her an iPhone. FINALLY. All of her friends have had a phone, some for years. Many are from divorced households so their situations are different. But, the ones from more stable homes have had phones a while too. SO, we caved. So far she can care less about it. But, she is not allowed to have any social media...so that makes a difference.
Alivia is a sweet, responsible, loving girl, but she is a teenager. She does have her teenager moments. We love her all the same. Happy Birthday, Alivia!
Birthday Questions answered by a 13 year old Alivia:
1. Favorite color: Blue
2. Favorite Toy: ipad
3. Favorite Fruit: strawberries
4. Favorite TV show: Don't have one
5. Favorite thing to eat for lunch: Hotdog
6. Favorite Outfit: Black Nike Shorts and a t-shirt
7. Favorite Game: Color Switch
8. Favorite Snack: Chocolate Pudding Cake
9. Favorite Animal: Dog
10. Favorite song: Stay (Alessia Cara)
11. Favorite Book: Dog's Purpose
12. Best Friend: Katy
13. Favorite Cereal: Cocoa Krispies
14. Favorite thing to do outside: Run or play soccer
15. Favorite drink: Lemonade
16. Favorite Holiday: Christmas
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Prayer Bear & Great Grandma Pat's Doggy she gave me
18. Favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Cereal or yogurt
19. What do you want to eat for your birthday dinner? Mamas Beef pizza, Chocolate pudding cake and DQ ice cream
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? A vet.