Wednesday, October 24, 2012

OCM Take 2


After a really bad night, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I had to smile when a friend sent me a text at 8:30 asking Asher and I to meet her and her son at the Omaha Children's Museum for a picnic and to play. How did she know that I needed to get out of the house on this gloomy day? I mean really, who can cry at the Children's Museum?! So I texted back..."We'll be there!"

Yes, we were just there on Friday. But, since then, the new display, "Itty Bitty City" opened up on the top floor. Asher could not wait to check it out. So, after a little indoor picnic lunch, the boys went to play in the Itty Bitty City. How cool!! They have everything up there! They have a mini airport with a really cool little airplane, runway, and control tower. They have an ambulance, police car, bus, semi truck and a fire station. There is a pizza parlor, a vet (that Addison would LOVE!), a bank with play money a drive through fitted with a tube system, and a play working ATM! Asher and Will made their very own super hero capes and Asher made a mask, too. It was so quiet at the OCM!! It was a 180 since we were there on crazy Friday. Funny, there were 4 moms there from Shadow Lake out of maybe 20 moms total (maybe, that is probably pushing it!). Crazy! Anyway, Asher had a blast before it was time to return home to get the girls.

Although I was not giddy happy (perhaps I needed some of my Dad's scotch today), I could not help smiling watching Asher have so much fun. Thank you Krissa for pulling me out of the house! Love ya!








1 comment:

Courtney F said...

It always amazes me how friends just know the perfect moment. WE haven't been there in over a year, that new exhibit sounds like fun!