Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pinterst Tested: Flourless Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies

Let me make note, Chris pinned these cookies. Yes, Chris looks at Pinterst upon occasion. I like it when he does as I can check out his pins and please him by making them. :) We were invited to dinner at his parents last night, so I made these to take along.

What I did not realize until I started to make them is that they are quite similar to the rocky road cookies that I made without the marshmallows. Although both recipes are gluten free, we are no way going gluten free (Sorry Courtney, I cold not do it! :) ).

This recipe is oh so yummy. I did not have parchment paper, but I would recommend getting some prior to making these. I had to Pam the pan and the spatula to get them off of the pan. They have a somewhat crispy outer layer while the inside in soft and fudgy. They are quite good.

{Flourless} Fudge Chocolate Chip Cookies

found on Keep it Sweet adapted from Recipe Girl 
Pinned from http://chocolateandcarrots.com/2011/07/flourless-fudge-chocolate-chip-cookies
Ingredients
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened Hershey’s dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 2 to 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
  • 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups 60% cacao chocolate chips
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  2. Set aside two baking sheets with silpat mats or parchment paper.*Or these cookies become a total pain to make!
  3. Mix together the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt. 
  4. Mix the vanilla and egg whites starting with just two(but I used all 4). Beat just until the batter is moistened. You’re looking for a brownie-like, thick and fudgy batter consistency. If it seems too thick, add another egg white– then a 4th one if it still seems too thick.
  5. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  6. Scoop via small cookie scoop, the batter onto the prepared baking sheets. Leave enough space between each cookie for them to spread.
  7. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until the tops are glossy and lightly cracked. 
  8. Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Yield: 30 cookies

1 comment:

Courtney F said...

Oh, I am going to try this recipe! Yay! Gluten free chocolate. Sounds good to me :-) Aw, you can do Turbo Fire, you could give up gluten, but if you don't have to, why in the heck would you????