Monday, October 01, 2012

Building an RV-12

My Dad is amazing.

My Dad, who farmed for 40 years, decided to build himself an airplane upon retiring. In 2 years, he built himself an RV-12 airplane. It is nearly complete now, ready to fly this week!

Chris and Asher took a ride in my Dad's other plane first, then went and checked out the RV-12, taxing it down the runway. Chris was thrilled! What an amazing accomplishment! Not too many people can say they built an airplane, so this puts Dad in a class of few. Really, he is in a class all of his own anyway. :)

Congratulations to my Dad on such an amazing accomplishment! We are so excited for "Bessie's" (the other worman, as my mom has nicknamed the plane) first flight, maybe this week!!

Asher with my Dad's Piper




Co-Pilot Asher








1 comment:

Courtney F said...

WOW! That is amazing! Way to go for your dad! Inspiring!