Monday, August 27, 2012

THE BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies EVER


I found this cookie recipe on Pinterest (so pin these and bake them, they are that amazing!), and the girls and I tried them yesterday. They are awesome! I usually only like the dough (or at least find the dough addicting), but these cookies  are so good that I find them addicting. The dough was not a huge hit, according to Chris, but the cookie is the most amazing cookie!

Now, here is this amazing recipe. Tell everyone you know to try them, they are seriously that good!

New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons (8 1/2 ounces) cake
flour
*I used all purpose flour instead of cake flour but I did use bread flour since I had some on hand.
 1 2/3 cups (8 1/2 ounces) bread flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
2 1/2 sticks (1 1/4 cups) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups (10 ounces) light brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons (8 ounces) granulated
sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 pounds chocolate chips (I used 2 cups which turned out to be a lot of chocolate chips!).
Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt
into a bowl and set aside.
Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy – about 5 minutes. Add eggs. Stir in vanilla. Add dry ingredients slowly, mixing until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips. Refrigerate dough for
24-36 hours.
*Seriously, who wants to wait THAT LONG? I refrigerated our dough 12 hours and it was fine. Just saying.
When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
Drop spoonfuls of dough (using a small cookie scoop makes a perfect cookie!) onto baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. (I took the cookies out when just turning brown and let stand on the cookie sheet a couple minutes to continue to bake. They turned out beautiful. Then again, my oven is a super over and would turn cookies into a burned mess in 10 minutes!).

1 comment:

Courtney F said...

We will have to try making those! Of course, I can't have them, but if they work out, the kids will love them. (I am a baking disaster, so I think it's awesome when you can just find a recipe, make it and it works!) They look super yummy and the photo is not helping my craving tonight. :-)