Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A Mom's Life

That question has been coming up more and more, "What are you going to do while Asher is in school? And, better yet, what will you do next year?"

To be perfectly honest...

I have no idea.

I really do not want to think about it. For one, Asher is starting preschool tomorrow. If I can get through the morning without running back to get him, it will be a miracle. Chris is going with me, so I'm sure he will help me walk to the car and drive home. Other than that, I have no plans. I will probably clean, do laundry, and help Chris pack his bags for another trip out of state (this time to Pennsylvania for a week). Chris will help me through tomorrow, and I have next Tuesday morning booked (I'm getting my hair done for the first time since May!). I am guessing reality may set in on Thursday of next week when I am looking around the quiet and empty house wondering what I am supposed to do?

I am hoping to clean, go to the store, and run boring errands while Asher is in school. That way I can play more when Asher is home. I having some pins on Pinterest that I would love to do (I know, follow through on a pin!). I would like to complete my house fall cleaning, something I have started just in case. But, I never finished as Chris' work is wearing on me, my patience, etc. I will Christmas shop, scrapbook, and more during my few hours Asher is in school. And maybe, I will sit, drink tea, and enjoy the quiet.

After all, this is the first time I will be home alone without kids since being a stay at home mom. I may have to practice a bit before I find what I really want to do. It will be weird and lonely, so I will have to keep busy.

As far as next year, I have no idea what I will do. I actually do not care to even think about it. I have a year, and I tend to enjoy it. Next year will come, after all, whether I worry about it or not.

Let's get through this year first. And this year is all about child's play. Mom's life will come soon enough.

2 comments:

Courtney F said...

You are so right! It will fly by and enjoy it! I HATE the questions of the future. I just want to say, "Leave me alone. I will figure it out, OK." But I don't. You will find PLENTY to do while Asher is in school, and I doubt sitting down with a good book will be a big part of it, but steal those moments too. I wish I would have done that more.

The Austin Life said...

Funny, Chris asked me what I was going to do...read a book? Ha, a book. I will have to do that if I ever get caught up on stuff here. If ever...right? :)