Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lucky 13

On August 28, Chris and I celebrated 13 years of marriage! Wow! And they all thought (wished) we would not last! Ha!

The thirteen years have FLOWN by. When we got married, I was a clinic nurse and Chris was at his same company (yes, he is quite loyal). I started drug dealing, aka selling pharmaceuticals, shortly after we got married. We bought our first home, got our Masters Degrees, had 3 babies, I quit my job, moved again, and here we are today...the 5 of us. See...even when writing it down it flies by!

To celebrate, we attended curriculum night at the elementary school. Fun, right? When we got home, we tucked the kiddos into bed, ordered pizza and snuggled up to watch a movie. We ordered Godfathers, something we used to do ALL THE TIME when we were first married. We even ate the 4 pieces each that we used to eat. As Chris said, "We have been married 13 years, now eat up!" Dates at home can be fun.

I just felt lucky to have Chris at home. His Philly trip was cancelled for this week, which allowed us to celebrate at all, together. Chris leaves soon for another trip (maybe his last trip) to Florida, and I plan on meeting him there for the weekend. That will be when we really celebrate, checking out more beaches and just chilling out together. Taking a trip together for our anniversary, however small (or big this year), is something we hope to do annually. We started the tradition last year and liked it so much we decided to continue it. This is one tradition I liked too much too much to let go of.

Happy Anniversary, Topher! I will be forever grateful for you. You saved my life in so many ways. I love you today and always. You are my best friend, always there by my side, my soul mate. You will forever be in my heart. The first time I saw you I knew it was true. That I'd love you forever and that's what I'll do.

Here is a look back on Anniversaries passed...just for fun.
2007 8th wedding anniversary
2008 9th wedding anniversary
2009 A look back from dating beginning to current.
2009
2010 Happy 11th! Our first alone staycation
2011 And number 12! Our first alone vacation together

And those links are the many reasons I blog...to document the Austin Life.

1 comment:

Courtney F said...

HAPPY Anniversary! It is so refreshing to see couples stay together and determined to do so! YAY!!!!!