Sunday, August 12, 2012

Liebster Award

My friend, Courtney, at One Small Moments, nominated me for the Liebster Award.The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  What is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
 
The rules for this award:

  1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
  2. Then answer the questions the tagger sent for them, plus create 11 questions for the people they've tagged to answer.
  3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
  4. Notify the people you have tagged.
  5. No tag backs 
11 Things about ME:
1. When Chris & I got married, I told him I did not want any kids. He wanted 2, so we compromised on having one. We now have 3!
2. I am a devote Catholic, but I was not born Catholic. I went through classes (RCIA) to become Catholic in 2004. 
3. Chris and I have been married twice. I loved him so much…I just had to marry him 2 times! 
4. I want to move, preferably somewhere warm. Who knows, maybe it will happen sooner than later. 
5. I am a very picky eater. My favorite foods are pizza, frozen yogurt and M&Ms. I know, weird.
6. I love to exercise and exercise every day, if possible. I love to run, do Turbo Fire, Insanity, Zumba, and go on walks with the dog. I could exercise all day. If only!
7.  I love to take pictures. I am no pro, I just like to capture today and keep it forever in print.
8.  My middle name is Allene, named after Allan Pittman who died over Laos during Vietnam War. 
9. I had 2 major accidents growing up: One in a wagon full of corn (any farm kid would understand) and another in my car that I rolled several times totaling it on a rock road on the way to tanning, of all things. I am lucky to have lived to tell about both of them. Oh, and my sister Nikki saved my life from the corn.
10.  I spent almost my entire freshman year of high school in the hospital...something I rarely if ever talk about.
11. I am a full time wife and Mommy, first and foremost, today and always.
 
 
My assigned questions:
1. Where do you find inspiration? Our family life is my inspiration. I blog about what is going on in our daily lives (I know, yawn), things I have learned as a Mom that other Moms may find helpful, etc.
2. Where is your happy place? The beach on a sunny day.
3. Describe your perfect day or moment. Quiet, fun days spent as a family.
4. What is the best book you have read in 2012?  God's Little Devotional Book for Moms. It is a good book to read one page at a time, full of inspiring stories for Moms. I like to read autobiographies, usually, but I do not have one that I have completely loves THIS year.
5. Where is one place you want to visit before you die? I would to go back to Hawaii.
6. Who inspires you? My husband and my kids inspire me to do more, better, achieve my goals. My parents got me started on the path of goal setting years ago, and they are also my inspiration.
7. Tell me ONE thing that most people do NOT know about you. People generally know everything there is about me, as I write about nearly everything in my blog. :)
8. What is your favorite treat? M&Ms and Orange Leaf Yogurt.
9. What is your Secret Shame? I have horrible body image. I wish I loved the way I looked, but I do not see that happening in my life time.
10. Best movie ever and why? Honestly, I do not really have one. I liked Pretty Woman when I was young and watched it over and over again. I like how she went from nothing to something...the Cinderella Story. Since then, I only like to see movies once and never watch them again. Too bad my kids are not like this. :)
11. Favorite quote. "Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching."
—Unknown Author
 
My Nominees. Okay, I do not follow anyone without a TON of followers already. Most of my original blogs that I followed no longer blog. So, I have a skinny list of nominees. :)
1. Julie
2. Laura
3.  Veronica
 
Questions for my nominees:
1. Why did you start blogging and what keeps you going?
2. What is your favorite TV show?
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4.Who is your Favorite Music Artist?
5. What is your Favorite website?
6. What is your favorite meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner?
7. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
8. What is your biggest regret?
9. If you could live anywhere other than where you live now, where would it be?
10. Are you a spender or a saver?
11. Favorite song to dance, run to?

Thank you Courtney for thinking of me and thank you for anyone who reads my blog. I have a tracker and know I have some consistent anonymous readers and some that find my blog looking for something. Thank you for all of you. I would do it with or without my readers, because I blog for me and to document our family life. Happy blogging!

1 comment:

Courtney F said...

Awesome! I love reading your stories and admire your photos! Thank you for all of your encouragement and friendship. You are a beautiful person inside and out, really and truly. :-)