Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012


Happy Mother's Day!

My day started off pretty typical, at work. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home from work. When I arrived at home, I had a basket of presents waiting from Chris and the kids. How sweet is that! It was filled with my favorites: 2 bags of almond M&Ms, a gift card to Orange Leaf Yogurt, a gift card to Victoria's Secret, a gift card to Ann Taylor Loft, and a gift card to the chocolate store in Shadow Lake (I store I have yet to go into but should!). They also bought me a watch to wear to work, but I need to exchange it with one that has an alarm on it because I always forget to clock in (I am usually early and can only clock in a few minutes before I am schedule to arrive...then I forget to clock in at all).
After slamming down so M&Ms for breakfast (remember, it is my light night snack), I ran up to shower and go to bed. Ahhh...our bed feels so nice after being out of it for a 12 hour shift. Ahhhhhh....

...Chris and the kids went to his parents in the morning. I finally got out of bed after a brief nap, just in time to get the kids cleaned up to go and visit Great Grandma Marci and my parents at Great Grandma's place. They all looked so nice...making great pictures. I know, I am a photog nerd. Great Grandma Marci gave me a beautiful picture she had painted me that I need to find a special place for. I will cherish it forever. At 99 years old she took up painting, and is quite good!

After our visit, it was time to rush home so Chris could get packed up for another trip, get to bed, and be ready to go for his departure from home at 4:30 AM.

It was a nice Mother's Day. But, with that said, I don't think I want to work the night before the next one.

My Grandma Marci is holding the picture she painted for me...isn't it beautiful!



No comments: