Monday, May 14, 2012

Days with Asher

My days with Asher at home with me are numbered. First, the girls will be home soon for summer break. Second, he will starting preschool in the fall. Ahhh....I will miss him! Our day at the gardens last week really had me stopping and feeling sad. I have loved and enjoyed my time with the kids at home, but it has gone by so fast. I tell Chris that I feel so lucky that we made the choice to have me stay at home. I look at all the things the kids and I have done together during our days and feel lucky. Kids are only kids for such a brief time. It would have made me really sad if I would not have had all the hundreds of tiny to big moments with the kids while I have been at home, before they are in school. Luckily, I will still have summers with them, at least for now.

Who knows what the future holds, but we are trying to enjoy each day we have together. I want to look back someday of fond memories of my kids being kids. Most importantly, I want them to remember the fun memories they had at home with me! Because you know what? My kids have no idea how much or how little money we have, they do not care what their clothes are like as long as Alivia is wearing pink, Addison has on purple (and right now shorts and a shirt), and Asher is wearing blue. All they know is when Daddy and Mommy are both home, they are happy. So, right now, we try to make that happen as much as possible. When they are older (and hopefully like us only a little less), we will make more time to work while they are busy with their friends, in college, etc.

For now, my life is our kids. I try to treasure every moment, good and bad.

No comments: