Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Little Spring Fun

Shadow Lake BirdAddi ready  to go!Asher - Ready Set Go!Ready to Slide some moreOn the BridgeView of the Park3 Stories of Fun!

As I write this post, Addison and Asher are down for naps after a busy but fun morning. After taking Alivia to school, we took a walk/run around Shadow Lake. The lake trail is so nice, peaceful, and scenic. We saw many birds (a cardinal - my favorite) and even the Shadow Lake bird that looks like he belongs at the Ozarks. Addi and Asher snacked, giggled and pointed out things around our neighborhood. It is difficult to finish the trip as their is construction all over the place, and I find that annoying when there are not any sidewalks (and construction trucks and workers seem to have the right away).

Next, after a little household cleaning and laundry, we visited one of Papillion's parks. We have not visited too many of the local parks as I still find ourselves in West Omaha visiting parks there that are tried and true. However, the park we visited today was unlike any we have visited in Omaha! The first section was older but Addison and Asher could care less. They played a bit, then ate some lunch, before we walked around this little pond. As promised, I took them to a playground I could see from where we were at. This one was 3 stories of fun! It was grand! Addison ran around playing with her new found friends. Asher, grabbed my hand, and took me up to try out the slides with him. There was one slide even Mommy refused to go down. I went down the big covered one with Asher and about broke all my bones. He did go down that slide alone the first time and rolled his way down! Seriously, it is not made for an old Mommy or a little toddler 2 or under, I don't think.

Now, they are finally down to nap. Oh...well worth it. I am so looking forward to summer when Alivia can join us!

* Sign in to vox (or sign up for vox) to see all of the pictures!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: