Saturday, May 08, 2010

growing OLD

As Mother's Day approaches, I feel so old. #1: I am old. I fill out surveys now and have to check that NEXT box. Nice. #2: Our babies are growing up. OMG...that is so sad! I know I know...we want them to grow up. That is what we are trying to do...help them grow into responsible adults. But, I don't want them to grow up!

Alivia: She is almost done with Kindergarten and nearing her 6th birthday! How did that happen?
Addison: She is almost done with her first year of preschool and nearing her 4th birthday? Where did our baby girl go?
Asher: Oh, our baby, our baby Asher. Baby Asher is nearing 2 1/2 years old and is mostly potty trained (we just have to commit to potty training at night!). To be honest, I am really dragging my feet because he is the baby. I don't want him to go to preschool. I am not even sure if it is needed. I am home, afterall, and can teach him the things needed to prepare for school. I am thinking one year may be enough to get him ready socially to be away from Mommy. And, I need that year to transition to being away from all 3 of our kids. Seriously, I will be a total wreck. But, with that said, I still have a few months to decide since he is only 2. 

As far as having another baby...well, I know...I have given up on the idea. It was only that anyway...an idea. Chris was and never will be on board. If I am old, he is older (3 years older).  I am thinking, how would I look to be having a baby with gray hair? How weird would it be to be sending our kiddo to school when I am 40 or 41? Yikes! So...I have to move past my feelings of wanting another baby. We are done. I am old and need to move on to retirement.

As for Mother's Day...just another day. I got myself some really nice shoes - Keens! LOL. Seriously, I deserve that much, right? Afterall...I'm a mommy of 3, and I'm old. Mommy's and old people need good shoes. :)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: