Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Seeing the Light...

...Finally!

Weeks after our home sold, we have finally signed off on all paperwork making it official! In the end, the buyers agent and our agents, Michael and Michelle Jenkins, agreed to split the expense of the radon system (which they are getting at cost by having friends install) and the finishing touches on the utility room, which will be done by our agents friend. How nice! In the end, the real estate agents did not want to lose the sale and but both knew that neither the seller (us) or the buyers were willing to negotiate further.

So, Chris and I have begun the major clearing out. In the master bedroom, all that remains is our bed. We hope to get the kids' room to that point shortly. The kids do not like this. However, Chris and I are moving the vast majority of this stuff ourselves, so we have to pace ourselves. Additionally, once the paperwork is signed, we will only have 24 hours (much of which is night time) to move our stuff out. Our goal is to have ever piece of furniture on the main level the day before moving day, leaving the upstairs and the basement clean. On Moving Day Eve (a new Austin Holiday?), we will pack the truck, leaving the morning to load the my dad's truck until we get the new house keys.

Chris and I attempted to move down some of the furniture tonight. I found that I am not as capable as I thought I would be. Our furniture IS solid wood! Yikes, it's heavy! We are either going to have to sell some of it or find somebody to help us!

But, as I ran tonight, I finally was able to see the light at the end of this long and challenging tunnel. I can see our new home with our things in it. I can see the nice big closet in the laundry room (ha!) and the drop zone in the garage that Chris is having built the first month we move in. I can see the kids liking to go to the lake and feed the ducks and geese and fish! I can see running around the lake, too, instead of running with the skunks. What I see is that we are finally home and settled again, back into normal Austin life...finally. I can wait...just 2 short weeks.


 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

O'Toole said...

YAY!!! I am so excited for you guys! Glad all the drama worked out. What church will you go to now?

Austin Family said...

There are several church options close, but we will probably go to Saint Columbkille. I am not ready to change churches. I have suggested driving to SVDP every Sunday...but we will see. Gotta talk Chris into that one...:(