Monday, October 26, 2009

Back to the Future

August 26, 2009

I feel like we are trapped in a time machine going backwards. Today, Chris and I signed a lease to an apartment! I guess it is better than nothing. We can not burden Chris’ parents by living at their home. Afterall, his mom just retired and then we moved in. Nice retirement, eh? So, we are now settled, or as settled as we can be, in our little apartment.

Today was a total nightmare! We started the day by driving to Alivia to school. The kiddos asked to drive by our house. I could not take it anymore and burst into tears when I saw that the shutters were turned differently than I had left them. I would have been fine, I think, if we were settled into our new home. But, we are not.

After dropping Alivia off at school, I called a couple apartments about month to month leasing and was turned down. We went back the original apartments we had looked at on Thursday, Hillsborough Pointe on 144th and Maple behind Home Depot, and got ourselves an apartment month to month with washer/dryer in the apartment included. Whew! My parents, who were in town for a doctor’s appointment, met up with me to pick up some things at Chris’ parent’s home. I had more than had it by this point and was again crying. I guess I could not believe we were moving things again. This was 3 times in less than a week (to the garage, to Chris’ parents house, to the apartment). The kids were confused as to what we were doing. Addison and Asher could not figure out why all Mommy does is cry and yell at them. I am on the brink of crazy, if I am not crazy already. I felt bad that my parents were burdened with our problem, and that Chris’ parents were burdened with our problem. Chris and I are quite independent and hate asking for help. But, I am at the place where I can not physically or emotionally do it anymore.

Anyway, my parents helped me load up the cars and move some things to the apartment. They unloaded the cars while I unloaded everything inside, set up the beds, and kept the kids occupied as much as possible. It was nuts though. Addison and Asher were crazy, screaming, and probably beyond tired as they have skipped naps a lot in the last several days. By the time I had to leave to pick up Alivia from school, the apartment was set up for the night.

The apartment is not all that bad. Asher has his own little room, the girls have their own room, while Daddy and I have our own space. It will have to work. We are paying a lot of money for this little pad when it is all said and done though. Ugh! We do not have cable TV or internet, so my blogs may be less often. But we have running water and heat, and we have each other.

All we have to say at this point is that our new home better be worth it. It has been a difficult road to travel down, and we still see a lot of bumps and wild turns ahead. We are hoping eventually it will end at a home. At this point, a home is all we are asking for. Amen!

The Master Suite :)The Girls' RoomDinner Anyone?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: