Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bye Bye Home

On Saturday, October 24, 2009, Chris and I had to say goodbye to our home of 9 years. As I woke up that morning just before 6am, resting on the floor in the dining room, I realized that most of our personal belongings were in somebody else's garage while I lay sleeping in someone house. It was not a good feeling. I was sobbing as I brushed my teeth and woke Chris so we can get out of the house quickly.

After having packed the car the night before, we raced some last minute things over to his parents, then over to the garage with more stuff, before returning "home" to pack up the remaining items with my parents. I took last minute pictures and remembered all the good memories of our home. I remember walking through the home after it became ours - how excited Chris and I were. Even without our things inside of it, I could see our kids running through it in a circle chasing each other, screaming. I could see them playing in the backyard. It was unbearably sad to walk away from those memories that I could see just looking around. Perhaps it would not have been so bad if we were in another home, but we would not know that.

We cleared and cleaned up, took last minute pictures and videos, and were out. Chris rode his motorcycle over to his parents to leave until we got everything unloaded at the house. The drive away from the house was so hard. But, as I turned the corner after taking one last picture, the neighbors pulled up at the stop sign. Through my tears, I knew even homeless this is the best thing. We have to think that at least at this point.

Chris took his bike to my parents house for the winter and we all spent the day at their house yesterday, returning to his parents' home for the night.

Today, reality is sitting in for all of us. As I sat in Mass this morning at the Church across the street from Chris' parents house, I just broke down in tears. Father was asking us what we would ask God for...fame? fortune? All I want is a home!! In the midst of my braking down during Mass, Asher kept asking me if we could go home.

That brings me to the kids. They all have had problems with all of this (who could blame them!). Alivia has been naughty and teary. Addison has also been disobedient and asking to go home and sleep in her bed. Asher just asks to go home a lot. It is hard to explain to them that our home sold and we are left without one. What kind of parents are we?

As for now, we are just adjusting. Tomorrow we will find an apartment. Next weekend we will go back to looking for houses. We have to have a back up plan in case this house does not work out. How long can we possibly go homeless anyway?

Leaving our "Home"Empty Family RoomEmpty Dining Room


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: