Thursday, June 17, 2010

Visit to Oak Hills Country Club Pool

Henry & Asher (in the blue goggles)Addison, Baby Ben and Grandma KathyGoggle Boy AsherAddi at playBaby Pool PlaySnack Time

Today Grandma Kathy & Grandpa Bob invited us to go to "their" pool at the Oak Hills Country Club. The kids were excited...all of them. That seemed promising.

We met them at 1:30. Seriously, what a difference a private country club is versus a busy community pool! We had room to swim! It was still complicated, however, in that Alivia wanted to swim in the big pool and Addison and Asher were in the baby pool. They are completely separate areas at Oak Hills. It worked out because Grandma and Grandpa were there. Towards the end of our visit, all the kids wanted to be in the big pool, making it much easier. I can hold Addison and Asher and swim them around while Alivia swims.

I would say today was my biggest kiddo scare. Addison, Asher and I were playing in the baby pool while Alivia was with Grandpa Bob and Lucas in the big pool (Grandma had not arrived with Henry and Ben yet). I was playing with Addison, filling bowls on the side of the pool. Asher was right there playing with toys. But, he is a bit more adventurous and walks across the pool for toys while Addi just stays put. Well, Asher fell down and did not know enough to put his feet under him and stand. He was only under for a moment, kicking and fighting, when I pulled him up. He cried just a moment before squeezing me tight. It took him a good 20 minutes or so before he let go. There were several other Mommies in the baby pool and one Grandma with a baby. The Grandma was watching Asher but never said anything to me. She just really gave me a bad look as I held him AFTERWARDS. Let's just say - it can happen in a second and that is all it took. Addi knows a little more to stay put where Asher, at least until today, is water naive. I think he is learning though, and he is in major need of some lessons. I will put that on my immediate "to do" list.

We love the Oak Hills Country Club Pool. It is small, uncrowded and just our style. All the kids had a great time playing with Grandma and Grandpa and their cousins (Grandma and Grandpa were babysitting Lucas, Henry and Ben). I believe Addison and Asher just do not like the crowds. Thank you Grandma & Grandpa!

After 2 days at local pools, I am wiped. Tomorrow we are staying home. A pool in the backyard is looking better all the time. Chris, can we work that in this season, too? Ha ha!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: