Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Visit To Papio Bay Aquatic Park

It was on tap to be 90 degrees today, so I decided to make this our first official pool day. We have been to many pools this summer on our vacation, but this would be our first venture out locally.

We visited the Papio Bay Aquatic Park in Papillion. I have to say, it is so nice having a pool nearby (unlike at our previous address). I had really considered getting a membership until today. It is a large pool with a splash pool area, 0 entry, and 2 water slides that our kids have no interest in...yet.

We arrived just before 1 and had time to get wet just before they made everyone get out for a 15 minute break. I know they have their reasons, but that really does a number on a mommy trying to get her kids interested in the pool and swimming! I wanted to arrive early because I heard that the pool reaches capacity a lot. Once we got back in the pool, Addison complained of being cold. What? It is nearly 90 degrees and the water was warm! Asher was interested in swimming for maybe 15 minutes. He swam on his belly (while I held him) and kicked and swam. Addison, meanwhile, sat on the wall watching us. Alivia jumped from the side of the pool and swam with us. It was really difficult for me to balance their different interests. After playing perhaps a 1/2 hour trying to keep everyone's interests, Addison & Asher were done. $15 and done in a half hour? So, I called Chris who came and picked up Addison & Asher after work so Alivia and I could swim together a bit.

I have to give Addison and Asher some credit though. I dragged them to 5 places this morning in search of all the plants on our list. The reward...to go swimming. I think they just wanted to go to bed!

It was a very busy day at the pool. One could not really say they went "swimming" there because if you tried to swim, you would bump into someone. Alivia and I almost got jumped on numerous times. That is why we finally left. I guess it is too busy for me to feel it was safe.

Needless to say, nice pool, but we just are not ready to have that much fun yet. If and when we do return, we will got towards the evening after naps, around 4 o'clock, when I would hope there are less people and perhaps Addi and Asher show more interest. Until tomorrow's pool adventure...

Underwater AliviaChillin' AddiChillin' AsherToo many people!Happy Swimmer Girl


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: