Friday, June 11, 2010

Holy What?

It's Friday...so you know what that means. Holy Hour.

Chris and I rotate Holy Hour and this week was my turn. I look forward to my peaceful hour of prayer. As I left today, I was too peaced out or something as I sped through downtown Papillion. Within seconds of leaving the Church parking lot, a cop was pulling me over. Of all the people on that 4 lane stretch of road, he pulled me, the one that just left Holy Hour over?!

I was mad as I said I am sorry if I was speeding but I just left Holy Hour and did not realize I was speeding. He could care less as he issued my stinking ticket. Little did he realize or care that because of his stupid ticket, I have to find someone to watch my kids (or take them with) so I can suffer through traffic school + work an extra night of work _ lose out on 8 hours of sleep because I will have to work during the week ALL BECAUSE I WAS TOO PEACED OUT AFTER HOLY HOUR?! Chris should not have to work for my stupidity and lack of paying attention in the whole 3 minute stretch of road without kids (which only happens when I go to Holy Hour). And, why exactly, is there 4 lanes of traffic and it is 25mph anyway? Oh, and I find it crazy that the class costs more than my stupid ticket by $50. That seems like a rip off to me.

In summary, I am not going to Holy Hour for a while. Chris will go. I will also refuse to go through downtown Papillion and thus will not be visiting any of those businesses. Sorry, but the welcome to Papillion Wagon left me a pile of poop instead of a rose and I am feeling a bit bitter. I was barely going over the speed limit driving a rusty old camry 4 door when teens drive 50mph down that stretch ever time I drove it and got away with it. And, they select to pull over a frumpy mom of 3 who just left Holy Hour?

Sorry...no longer feeling peaceful. No longer feeling Holy. Guess I do not know how to pray either. As for driving...unless it is to work, I will walk thank you.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: