Monday, June 21, 2010

Mommy Workout

Let's RunRunning UPWild FlowersPlaygroundBell PlaygroundLong killer before reaching home (I run UP)

While Alivia was in her 2 week Catholic Formation classes in the morning, I started running with Addison and Asher. I'd put them in our bike stroller and ran around the lake. I am not sure how far I run, but I am guessing it to be right around 4 miles. I typically run about an eight minute mile, but I am seriously dying when I am pushing Addison and Asher up and even down these hills.

Chris noticed the other day that I now have pipes. Okay, you really have to look, but they are there. I think Chris was poking fun at me for my major complaining about this "Mommy workout" and how strenuous it is until he ran one night with ALIVIA in the bike stroller. He does not run as far as I do YET. But, when he returned home, he was drained. He agreed - the Mommy workout is like no other. Now when I run my circuit without the kids, I practically sprint it finding it so easy. Every workout seems easy when compared to the Mommy workout. I feel like Rocky...if just for a moment. So, I highly recommend this workout if you want to really get in shape. Put your kids in the jogger with some books, snacks and drinks and go running a good distance. (Make sure to find a playground on your run so the kids have fun, too.) Test it...I am guessing it will nearly kill you. What does not kill you makes you stronger they say.

Funny, now that Alivia is finished with her first year of Catholic Education (yes, in 2 weeks of 30 hours!! YEAH!), I miss my Mommy workout. Beats getting up before Chris goes to work or running on that treadmill!!

Now I better go and take a picture of these tiny pipes on my arms so when I am 99 and my arms are old and sagging, I can kinda remember what it looked like to be in shape.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: