Monday, June 28, 2010

June to the Zoo

Little SpidersWhere's the Otter?Bears!Gorillas...Lovin' the Fish

Today we had big plans that fell through. So, after working overnight, I had to come up with a plan and fast! If I do not keep REALLY busy, I will fall fast asleep!

So, I packed up the kiddos and took them to the zoo! I was completely avoiding the zoo because of the college world series. I thought it would not be that busy since the game is not until tonight. Okay...I'd admit, I do not know a thing about the CWS. We arrived and there were cars everywhere and it was completely nuts! The zoo was carding people at the gates to make sure people were going to the zoo and not parking to go to the game later. We parked far away, but we were able to park. So, I had to call it a success (I at first told Asher we would have to go home because there was not a place to park and he burst into tears!). And, after a brief walk, we were in the zoo all hot and steamy.

We mostly visited indoor exhibits because it was so hot and there was no air movement. We visited the animals around the petting zoo, the bears, the gorillas, Madagascar, monkeys and the aquarium. Once in the aquarium, we stopped and ate lunch by the penguins and Daddy saw us on the webcam! How fun is that?! (and funny really).

After lunch, we saw the lions before Alivia was done walking. I was getting rather tired myself.

It was a fun morning...and it was not so scary to go to the zoo during the CWS afterall. I mean, it is a zoo afterall, so I should expect it to be no less than a zoo.



Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: