Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mommy Gets Tired, too

I think I need to point something out here....MOMMY GETS TIRED TOO. It seems that I am not supposed to ever run out of gas...and I am!

Keeping a home spotless just in case someone calls and wants to see our home is seriously exhausting with 3 kids. It may be difficult without kids, but having 3 little ones messing it up all day long is a constant battle. They are generally pretty good, but like all kids, they have their moments. Additionally, I continue to do loads and loads of Addison's laundry for her minor to major accidents because "I just don't want to" go potty in the potty. Oh, gotta love that! In a few short months, I will begin potty training Asher. And, I probably will still be potty training Addison. Let's just say, I get tired just thinking about (and probably stinky).

So, the last few nights I stayed up late posting our home on any for sale by owner website I could find. I have not posted it in our paper yet. It is $70 for 1 week (one Sunday), $150 for 2 weeks or $200 for one month. Seriously! That is ridiculous! I had a friend place an ad and not get a single call from it! So, in the mean time, we are holding our cash. Neighbors nearby put their home on the market a couple days ago. It is a ranch and not a 2 story like our home, but it is in a similar price range. So, we may get some of their traffic. Both the neighbor and another home similar to our floor plan are having open houses this weekend. They ARE on the MLS since they are both with real estate agents. So, we hope to take advantage of that by placing our open house signs near theirs to perhaps draw some people to our home after visiting theirs. If we get no visitors during this weekend's showing, we will empty our checkbooks for the OWH!

In the meantime...I will clean, do laundry, and clean some more. I can't say I would recommend FSBO at this point. I would pay $15000 at this point to get this house sold quickly so we can move!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: