Thursday, May 07, 2009

Cross Country Trip

Brody giving Asher a hug!The Boys Looking out the Window (on their stools)Heidi & BrodyNight Night - I took this blindly!

Today, the kids and I set out on an adventure to visit my long time friend, Heidi, and her little boy, Brody (he is Asher's age). Heidi is a stay at home mommy to 3 boys, 2 of which are in school. I have known Heidi since I was probably 3 years old.

Anyway, we began our 3 hour drive at 7:30 this morning, arriving at their home just after 10. The ride through Iowa was not as bad as I had anticipated. There was plenty to see, including hundreds of windmills! (Okay, those things sure change the way rural Iowa looks! No more endless green fields...now endless HUGE windmills!).

Once we arrived, the girls played with all of Heidi's toys and with her daycare kids. Asher played with all of "Ms. Heidi's" many boy toys and balls while Heidi and I caught up. Then, Brody woke up from his nap. He approached Asher and gave him a hug! It was so adorable! Asher did not know what to think. It was fun to see them play along side each other as Heidi and I did for so many years.

Heidi fixed lunch (Alivia's favorite, too!) for her expanded crew, and then the kids played until our "normal" quiet time. I was uncertain if they would sleep on the way home since our kids tend not to. However, within 20 minutes of our departure, I was driving with a quiet car as all the kids slept! It was amazing and weird!

We had a wonderful time visiting Ms. Heidi and Brody today. Alivia even asked if we could visit her again someday! Thank you Heidi and Brody!


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: