Sunday, May 17, 2009

Open House Take 2


I hesitate to say that today we had a successful open house, but I will say it anyway. WE HAD A SUCCESSFUL OPEN HOUSE! We had 9 people walk through with many seeming interested. I hesitate, however, because it is not really successful until we get an offer and the house is sold!

The open house was from 12-3, but pushed into almost 4. Our near by neighbors put their ranch home on the market with an real estate agent and had an open house, as well as another home with our similar floor plan had an open house. I drove around and there were MANY homes for sale with open houses. It was like a neighborhood open house! Chris kept rather busy "selling" our home with fresh baked cookies, Kenny G's soft music playing in the background, and fresh cut flowers.

I had gotten home from the night shift at 8 AM, got the kids ready and out the door with Chris for the morning to his parents so I could get the house ready. It took me until 10:20 to spiff things up. Then I went to bed for an hour! Whew...a whole continuous hour of rest! Then, Chris brought the kids home and we were off. After the park was nixed by Addison because it was cold, we headed to the mall play area and the Gap. Asher was sick and kept soiling his clothes. I went through 2 outfits and had to buy another one! After leaving the mall, I bought the girls icecream cones before doing some more shopping at Village Point. Okay, 3 tired kids without naps and one Mommy who more or less skipped a night of sleep shopping - bad mix. Oh, and add in Asher messing his clothes in every store. We were ready to come home when returned just before 4.

And again, we will wait. Wait and wait for an offer...

...I think it would just be easier to pull the sign and rock this house out some more!


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: