Friday, August 06, 2010

Should Have, Could Have, Would Have

I am having one of those days...Shoulda Coulda Woulda days, ya know? I have been having more of these days lately.

First, we got our real estate tax bill. YIKES! Instead of our mortgage going up the predicted $400 a month, it is going up over $700 a month (The county tax assessed our home for more than we paid for it which could never have been predicted in this market!). Um, I don't like this area THAT much! Then, every week, I mow the lawn for 1 hr and 25 minutes (no joke...it takes AT LEAST that long) and Chris trims for another hour. Good thing we have nothing better to do. We could buy a rider...but it would have to fit through the fence gates. <Sigh> That does not include all the sidewalks we have to shovel at this place during the winter. <Sigh> Then there is this big house to clean and maintain. Ugh.

Seriously, what were we thinking anyway?! I want to spend my days playing with the kids and spend our money on our kids - not on REAL ESTATE TAXES!

I give us three years max. Then, we will downsize...in Iowa.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: