Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Active Austins

Runner Girl AliviaDSC03840Weight lifting time

When Chris woke up this morning, he said he wanted to go for a run today. Assuming he would be doing this on the treadmill, I decided to go running outside.

I have ran outside at our new home only a few times since moving here. I ran on the trail one time during snowstorm and then through the neighborhood a few times at night. Running here at night is like running in the country. Most of the street lights do not work and it is dark...quite dark. And, we have spotted deer tracks in our back yard and empty lot and have seen a fox roaming around. I really do not want to run with a fox, thank you. And, I do not want to see if I can outrun a deer, either.

Anyway, so today I went down to the trail to run. Love the trail and love it even better than it is right down the street! It was initially cleared of snow but it went from being cleared to, wait, there is now 2-3 feet of snow! I guess it was a rugged workout. I ran through the neighborhood after getting off the snowy and icy trails. I really did not know what homes were around here until I run around a bit. There are a lot of homes being built with many of them being sold. The market may just be turning around. Maybe we should sell and move back out west! (Seriously, so miss it out there!). It was an amazing run, and I quickly remembered why I like running outside.

I came home to find Alivia on the treadmill! She walked/ran for 15 minutes! She wanted to go longer, even. She loved it! Like Mommy like daughter, I guess. Then, Addison got up from her nap and wanted to give it a try. The treadmill was very moving as she clutched onto the handles, but she wanted to stay on. She snail walked for probably 5 minutes, and then she was done. Asher wanted to get on to, but we talked him out of it. Can you imagine that?

Chris, the one that woke up saying he wanted to run...well, he did a few weights with Alivia. Maybe he will run tonight.


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: