Sunday, April 04, 2010

How did we do?

Easter marks the end of Lent...so how did we do?

Alivia: Goal: Less TV, more reading and journaling.

She maybe watched a little less TV. Alivia has gotten pretty bad with separating herself from us to watch tv. Now, she still separates herself, but is drawing and writing more. I guess that is okay. She requires a lot of alone and quiet time.

Addison: Um, still has the taggie. That is a work in progress. I still remember my parents taking my blanket away. So, needless to say, it is hard for me to take her taggie away. I don't want to be the mean Mommy or anything.

Asher: Success! Asher, for the most part, does not snack in the morning. I just keep him busy and he does not ask. The second he gets into the car, though, he thinks he needs a snack. In those events, I pack grapes to get him by. I am okay with fruit and healthy eating.

Chris: Who knows...I'm not even sure he gave anything up for Lent. He has now given up caffeine, but did not give it up for the entire Lent.

Me: I did reduce computer use, but I am not sure I read more. I have been so busy keeping up with housework and stuff that I just have not gotten back into my reading. We did pray with the kids every. I can gladly report that they all (Asher knows a lot of it!) know the prayer before meals and 2 out of 3 know the Lords Prayer and Hail Mary. That's progress! We did not do a volunteer activity during spring break. What I had in mind just did not seem safe for the kids at their ages. I am still working on coming up with something.

Now for facebook. I found I had to get on the site sometimes just to connect with people the only way I knew how. I did not have some emails in our address book as I just facebooked them. However, as the Lenten Season went on, I learned that I do not feel it is of value. 1.Most of the people are not really my "friends." I had 2 friends post their divorce on facebook (but in not so many words exactly) which I was shocked by, and 3. I had a NONfriend from high school request to be my friend. When this nonfriend made her request, I almost signed in to deactivate my account on the spot. I have not done so yet, nor have I approved her request (and I have no intentions of doing so, either). I have gotten into contact with old friends and people I knew in college this way which has been fun. But, overall, it seems like a live gossip spot and place for narcissistic people. Not sure I should be wasting my time on such things - but it is a good time waster!

Now...on to celebrate the resurrection of our Lord!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: