Monday, April 05, 2010

Hoppy Easter 2010!

April 4, 2010: What a wonderful Easter! Our day started out early as I met Chris and the kiddos at the 7:30 Mass. I worked the night before. I had asked to leave early so I can go to Mass, so of course, we had an admission at 6:15 AM! I was super annoyed with that as I never ask to leave early. I got out of work at about 7:40 and still made it to Mass in time for the offering. It was clearly packed, but I knew where Chris and the kids were sitting. As Chris sat in the pews, he was being watched. People were obviously wondering why this man was sitting there with 2 cute little girls dressed alike and one little, nicely dressed boy. People around him were helping him before Communion. After communion, I took the girls to the back with me. Then the man behind him asked if his wife, Monica, could go to the bathroom to check on the girls (assuming Chris sent them alone). Chris was like - Um, they are with my wife. Luckily the kids acted like angels. As we were leaving Mass, some man that was sitting near Chris said something to me, "We were wondering where the Mommy was to these 3 kids sitting alone with their Daddy!" Seriously, how weird is that!

Anyway, we rushed home to see what the Easter Bunny had left. We divided the eggs by area and by color and tried to have the kids go one at a time. Next year I think the Bunny will just do it by color and let them go at once. All the kids really got into it and had fun. Once inside, they peeked in their baskets to find a game each, books, the typical matching swimming suits and flip flops for the girls, and outfits. Asher could care less about his basket - going right for the candy.

We sampled a little candy (having learned that there is a such thing as too much Easter Candy after Alivia tossed her chocolate cross on Thursday night all night. UGH! Chris and I almost decided to cancel Easter Candy after all of that!). Chris and I cleaned up, changed into comfy clothes and headed to my parents farm in Iowa.

My Grandma Marci, Auntie Marsha, and my parents shared a beautiful dinner followed by yet another Easter Egg Hunt. It was a fabulous day with mild temperatures. It was topped off with Chris finally getting his motorcycle home (thanks Dad for sharing your Harley's space with Chris' non Harley!).

I was tucked in bed with Asher by 7:30, sleeping until 7:30 this morning. As an added bonus, we found out after getting Alivia dressed and ready for school that she has today off, too! Yeah!


Easter Baskets 2010Our Home, Easter 2010Baskets!Alivia on an egg huntAddison on her egg huntAsher on his egg hutEaster Egg Hunt 2010Easter Egg Hunt 2010Asher Happy about CANDY!Alivia sampling candyAddison trying candyEaster dinner 2010Asher with his eggsAddison running for eggsAlivia looking for eggsGrandma riding to watchNew clothes!Biker BoysSwingingAll Easter'd OutToo much chocolate!


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: