Friday, April 23, 2010

Cookie Decorating 101

  In one of my many searches on fun things to do with the kids, I came across cookie decorating at Doodle Cakes off of 149th & L Street. Doodle Cakes is a decorate a cake party place, but they sometimes do these little play date sessions I guess. I'm not even sure where I found it advertised, and I had a difficult time finding it when I went to look for it again. Anyway, when I saw that today was going to be rainy, I thought that would be a fun thing to try.

What fun it was! We started out jamming out to the music while decorating their chef hat. How fun! Next came the cookies. The kiddos got to decorate a round cookie and 2 oval shortbread cookies making it into one big bunny cookie. It was adorable! What a fun idea! Addison and Asher sampled a bit of their cookie before we had to rush out of there to meet Alivia for lunch at Bell.

Alivia was expecting us at Bell. We waited and waited in the hall for her to come. The other Kindergarten class came through, but we never saw Alivia. After while, I thought I must have missed her, so I went into the lunch room where she sat eating. She had seen us in the hallway and walked right on past us, saying that she would get in trouble if she got out of line (Seriously, even to say "Hi" to your Mommy?). We sat "near" her at the table, then she joined us after she ate her lunch. She was quite upset when we left and had us wait for Mrs. Sindelar to come back to the classroom before leaving. I think we will wait for a while before joining her again for lunch. We miss her, but we do not want to make her too upset during the day.

Overall, it was a fun, but busy morning. Well worth the busy for the fun, though.

Going to Doodle Cakes to decorate a cookie?
1. Bring $4 per cookie you want to decorate. They provide the kids with the chef hats and a plastic apron to use so they do not get too messy.& that's it! Enjoy!

Chef Hat DecoratingLittle Chefs?Frosting SamplingCookie DecoratingMmm!




Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: