Friday, February 24, 2012

Step By Step

A month ago, Chris and I received pedometers through a program at Chris' work. We have been wearing them daily, tracking our steps, as well as entering in our exercise on the website.

The results are in.

I have 14,251 average daily steps with 18,703 being the most steps in a day. The last 5 days I have had  over 17000 steps per day, but when I work I only get in 7,000 steps (which is amazing considering most of the time I am sleeping or sitting down charting). I try to run on the days I work, knowing that I sit at work and sleep at home. 


I have been trying to sneak in a run a couple times a week, as well as go to Zumba (and the Zumba class I go to is high impact, vigorous, cardio. But, have I mentioned how fun it is?!). I also run up and down our steps several times during the day with laundry, kids, and just getting around our house. One day this week I did one hour of Insanity, went to the forest and walked, and then came home and ran (the weather was just too nice). I was tired at the end of that day.


Chris usually gets in 5,000-7,000 steps a day, usually with the one hour of insanity that we are doing right now. He is sitting at work, so it makes it harder for him. He is more active on weekends, however.


In the end, Chris believes we get a gift card for the steps we take. Well, if we are going to be "stepping it" anyway, may as well get a treat for it, right?!

No comments: