Saturday, February 25, 2012

Home Alone

Asher with his space shuttle and "guys" he brought home from the museum.

Asher went with Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Bob along with his cousins for the day yesterday. I was hesitant to send him for so long, but he rarely gets an opportunity like this to spend time with his Grandparents and cousins. And, Asher was excited to go. I dropped him off at their home at 8:30 and he arrived back at home to me, Ipod tuned in, rocking it as I put away laundry (I did not even hear him get home!) at 2:30 in the afternoon! They went out for breakfast, visited the Strategic Air and Space Museum, had lunch at McDonalds, before going back to Grandma and Grandpas to play a bit. He said he had so much fun.


Meanwhile, I went to the store. I needed to go and saved my trip to go during Asher's outing. Immediately, I was lonely. I have not been out for an extended time without any kids in so long that something just did not seem right. I went to talk to Asher while shopping, and he was not there. Luckily, my childhood girlfriend called and talked to me on the phone during much of my shopping trip. After grocery shopping, I had a couple errands to run in Shadow Lake. I looked for some clothes, for me (I know, shocker) and found myself just wanting to go home.


I came home, plugged in my Ipod, and jammed out while putting away laundry and doing some random cleaning. It was so quiet (other than my music in my ears). I hated it.


I do believe I am in trouble next year when Asher goes to preschool. Gees, I am in real trouble when the kids go to school. I will be a total wreck.


I am going to enjoy every moment I have with him while he is here at home as now I know what it is like when he is away. I miss him already. Shoot, I still miss Addison and her Kindergarten year is about over!

No comments: