Sunday, February 19, 2012

Deactivated

I am officially deactivated, from facebook anyway.

I have been contemplating it for a while, for many reasons. Today turned out to be the day.

First, if you want to talk to me, talk to me, visit me, call me, or maybe text me (still not sure of that method of communication, but I am conforming). If you can not talk to me in person, than I prefer not to talk to you on facebook either. Additionally, I have people who are so nice in person, but defriend me on facebook. Really? Are we really in the second grade? I'm too old to be in the second grade or be part of second grade activity.

I find people like to add insult to injury, brag, flaunt and just be plain rude on facebook. Some can do this to your face, but most find it easier to do on facebook. I, again, don't care.

I will have friends, real friends. Not the "facebook" virtual friends. I was virtually and really getting upset by stuff in this virtual world. I have stuff in my reality to do that.

I will miss out on coupons, events, etc. But, so be it.

For now, I feel better. So much better.

Chris has selected to defriend pretty much everyone. That way he can view body rock without seeing how rude one person is or what some guy from highschool is up to, someone he does not even remember. Perhaps I will fish out my "friends" someday. This just seems easier at the moment.

Again, I feel much better in my reality, not in a virtual one.

No comments: