Friday, February 26, 2010

Febrrrruary Visit to the Zoo

Finally, we had a nice enough day to break away and go to the zoo. Many people actually had the same idea, which surprised me. Typically, the kids and I are one of a handful of people at the zoo in the winter.

Anyway, our journey began today in the desert dome. It was nice and hot in there, and most of the animals were on display. Addison, who did not want to walk, was not too happy. I put the kids back into the stroller as we entered kingdom of the Knight. I never know how they will react to the dark. Asher did not like the bats (the smell took our breaths away!) but did okay with the rest of the exhibits. I am not a fan of the swamp because I can not see where I am walking. I think they need to at least light up the trail in there so somebody does not become dinner for a croc. I think next time I will bring a hand held flash light.

We went down to the orangutans and gorillas, then onto the aquarium and the jungle. It was lunchtime by the time we left. I had packed a few things to keep them happy on they way home. Addison just wanted her juice box, which is a zoo treat.

Overall, although it was a little cold, it was a fun morning. Addison's favorite thing was the monkeys, where Asher liked the fish and the birds in the jungle. I just like it when I see how much they learn about animals with our monthly visits. Until next month...

Still Penguin WatchingStill there Mom?Asher resting in the desertFe"brrrr"uary Visit to the Zoo


Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: