Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To the Dr With Kids

I'm a mom. I take the kids to the Dr all the time, so why should it be any different when I, Mommy, needs to go to the Dr. Well, Mommy needed to go to the Dr. I wanted to throw my yearly check-up in with this appointment just to knock them both out of the way. However, my insurance will only cover one exam every year. My last yearly exam was on February 19, 2009. So, by going in today for my exam, they would not have covered it because I was 9 days early. Seriously...that is not cool.

Anyway, I loaded up on the snacks and set off with the kids. The nurse looked at me like I was crazy. I wanted to say to her, "Well, it could be worse, I could have brought all three of my kids." But, I just smiled and ignored her looks. She asked me a few questions, then asked for my method of birth control. I answered, "praying" with a smile. She questioned me, "That's all? Clearly it has not been too effective for you," looking at Addison and Asher. Okay, we planned out the girls. Asher, even though he was not planned, he was no accident, either. The nurse then responded with a deep sigh, "Okay, I will put down prayer in the birth control box." I just smiled.

I wonder if people who have had abortions get the same treatment that I did for not using birth control?

Anyway, the exam went okay and I guess I am not dying after all (although I am still questioning that). And, our kiddos have seen more of me that I ever thought was possible. I hope they are not tramatized.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

O'Toole said...

At my appointment the nurse looked at me like I was crazy when I told her that we were using Natural Family Planning as our method of BC. Interesting.
Hope you are feeling OK!