Sunday, February 21, 2010

Prayer Before Getting Out Of Bed

This was the prayer that was presented during Mass last night. Father also added his own personal touches by changing the prayer the second time he receited it by saying something about now he is about to enter the parking lot. Anyone who has tried to leave a church service that some of the niceness is left at the door and then there is the parking lot. I thought it was quite funny and so appropriate.

Here is the prayer:

Dear Lord,

So far today I've done all right.
I haven't gossiped, cursed, or lost my temper.
I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or over indulgent.
I am really glad about these things.

But, in a few minutes Lord,
I am going to get out of bed,
and from then on,
I'm probably going to need a lot more help.

Thank You,
In Jesus' Name
AMEN

Author Unknown.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: