Friday, February 19, 2010

Room for one more?

We have 3 kids. Are 3 kids enough? Most people, I am guessing, "fix" the issue after they think they are done having children. As part of our Catholic Faith, Chris and I have selected not to "fix" the issue. So, we can never really say 3 is enough. Why even consider having 4 kids? Well, as Chris said it, "I guess our table seats 6." or maybe our house just is not loud enough yet or we are not poor enough yet (although Chris is happy to maintain our family at 5). Do we even have room for one more?

I love being a Mom and am a full time mommy. I eat, drink and sleep (sometimes with our babies) being a mom. Every waking moment (and sometimes sleeping moment) are with our kids. I love taking my kids places, seeing them grow before my eyes everyday, and being a Mommy. Since Chris & I did wait to have kids (and I initially only wanted 1!), we are at the end of the parenting age phase of life. We also had our kiddos pretty close together. So, it seemed that one day Alivia was a baby, and the next day Alivia was in school and Asher was entering toddlerhood. What happened to our babies? I know, I know...the next thing people are going to say is that I just don't want to return to work. HELLO?! I do work now!! Need I remind you that I work and skip 2 nights of sleep thank you! It takes me nearly 2 weeks to return to whatever normal I have left, and then I am back to work and no sleep (I am not complaining, just reminding that I am working). I may not work full time, but I do work. And, I will be at home with Asher until he goes to Kindergarten 3 1/2 years from now, and then I do plan to return to some sort of full time employment. So, I do not want another baby so I can just sit around and not work, thank you. I have a feeling that having 4 kids would be a lot of work anyway.

Perhaps everyone goes through this. So far, my friends are either all done with kids and "fixed", pregnant, or still in the unsure phase. Saying good bye to having babies is a difficult decision, even for me in my nearly "advanced maternal age" and all. Yes, I know, we have 3 healthy, vibrant children. So, move on! Perhaps I should...and hopefully this aching feeling will just go away like a year long case of the stomach flu or something.

Until then...I am going to enjoy our "babies" grow before my eyes. Perhaps we should get a dog instead. :)

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: