Monday, March 07, 2011

Spring Cleaning

Although our weather is not reflective of it, spring SHOULD be just around the corner. After reading a Momaha blog last week, I was motivated to get started. So, while Addison and Asher were playing in their rooms on Friday, I got to work. I first cleaned out all of Asher's drawers and then his closest. I believe he has finally started to outgrow his 18-24 month things from last summer and can wear his 24 month clothes this summer. So, I put them up on craigslist selling them in minutes. Whew...that seemed easy.

Next, onto Alivia's room. Seriously, that girl is the biggest pack rat. I worked in her room for 2 hours while Addison and Asher napped. It was insane how many toys, stuffed toys and art projects that girl can collect. That does not even include her many other "collectibles." Her room wore me out. I did get to work on the hall closet before calling it quits for the weekend.

Today I cleaned up Addison's room and the hall bath upstairs. Although we just moved last year and I cleaned in the fall (or so I thought), we still have a load of stuff that we do not need. I opened two new sconces from Pottery Barn that I had never seen and have no idea where they came from and 2 candle holder things from Pottery Barn as well. Where did this stuff come from and what am I to do with it? I was amazed how many hair barrettes the girls had collected. Gees! I know they have a lot of hair, but come on! I had hair things in the drawer since they were babies.

The idea of continuing this project seriously overwhelms me. Afterall, I am just on the clearing out and organizing part. I then have to get to the deep cleaning, window cleaning, etc, part. I sort of started that with the kids' rooms, but their rooms seem to always be a work in progress anyway.

Maybe, with any luck, I will be done spring cleaning by summer. Okay...maybe by fall.

Wish me luck!

No comments: