Saturday, March 05, 2011

Hot Date Night


Last night, Chris and I enjoyed a "Hot Date Night." We love date night, especially when we don't have to worry about hurrying home to the babysitter who is getting paid $12+ per hour. Last night, the kiddos got to spend the night with my parents. They were so excited that Addison was up until 10 Thursday night and awake at 6 AM Friday morning, packing her bag!

The kids left with my parents shortly after school Friday. Chris was still at work. I just sat and chilled, watching tv in the quiet house. It was so peaceful.

After Chris arrived home, we set out. I have had some vacuum issues lately, so I had to get a new vacuum. This would be the second new vacuum in one week. The first, a Oreck, did not last 15 seconds and was returned to Target. The second I found after doing research online, is from Sears. I ended up getting a canister vacuum, the Kenmore Progressive. After the exciting vacuum shopping, Chris and I have been craving a mall pretzel. Okay, this may sound crazy, but we never get out together to the mall, like ever. So, sitting and eating a pretzel while sharing a diet coke is like heaven to us. 


We continued to run odd errands that we have difficulty doing while our kids in tow. We ended the night at Panera for a bite to eat before coming home to just relax. Of course, I had to try out my new birthday present...my vacuum. I would give this thing 4 out of 5 stars. I had an upright vacuum before. Uprights are just too heavy to be carrying up and down all of our stairs, with or without a bad back (and I have a bad back). Yes, once you reach my old age, pretzels and vacuums make you happy.


After sleeping in today, I just wanted to lay around all day. But, we had more errands to run. We ran one more big errand before coming home to make my birthday cake (angel food of course!) and enjoy a good afternoon movie. We also took a photo walk a bit around Walnut Creek. Brrr.


The kids and my parents arrived with Mamas Pizza late afternoon. It was so good to see them. Chris and I enjoy our hot date and time alone, but we sure do miss the kids. We sat around tonight together watching a movie and just snuggling. The kids were tired, and Chris and I just wanted to snuggle them tight. 


We so appreciate my parents and their willingness to watch our kids so Chris and I can have our hot dates. Gotta love them. The kids had a wonderful time. Alivia even told me that I have the best Mom and Dad (better than Chris and I? :) ).


Now...bring on yet another birthday. Let's just get this over with...

No comments: