Monday, March 07, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me!

Yes, yesterday was my birthday. Believe me, I would rather believe that we go from the 5th of March to the 7th of March and just forget all about the 6th. But, it seems to come every year. Gees, give me a break!

Luckily, Chris and I celebrated a little in advance of the big day. Sunday came and with it came some GI issues with Alivia and Asher. Believe me, there was no going outside our home unless we brought our wash machine and several clothing changes along. Besides, the kids were all wiped from staying with Grandma and Grandpa.

We stayed in and just chilled. Grandma Kathy came to visit briefly. That was about the most excitement we had. No presents, no cards, no singing (well, I opened cards that I saved in the mail and gifts from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Bob). I guess Chris got the memo that I wanted to skip over my day. Chris told me that he gave me a good gift last year. Ha! I did have to think a minute but recalled getting a heart and diamond necklace last year. Hum....I wonder if the sport bike I got him for his 30th still applies for his birthday this year since I never skipped a year?

To Chris' credit, I could not come up with something reasonable I wanted for my birthday. I wanted a new shower curtain for the kids' bath, one I could not find. I also suggested a new handbag, but I could not find the perfect one I wanted and knew existed somewhere. Chris did help me find a functioning vacuum. And, for me, having a clean house makes me feel organized and a bit sane, even though Krista being sane is a huge stretch to most people.

So, in the end, I got the best present ever from my family. They ignored my birthday for the most part while I was able to spend the entire day with them. What more could a Mommy and wife ask for? Okay, diamonds...

...just saying...

No comments: