Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Cleaning: The Basement

Last week...I took under the basement. The basement had to be cleaned and cleared out, but it was a very overwhelming undertaking.

One day, the kids were occupied in their imaginative play in the basement, so I took it upon myself to get started with the toys. By saying get started, I mean I took out all of the toys out of the toy room and dumped them all out on the main basement floor. I took all the toys that were upstairs downstairs and seriously just dumped them at the bottom of the stairs.

Over the next couple days, the toys just sat there. I finally had time to put them in baskets on Friday evening, sorting and getting everything organized on Saturday. And....for the results...

First - the DUMP



But, that was only the beginning! Next I had to take on the utility room. Seriously, what a mess. I had an idea up my sleeves, so I had to clean out and eliminate the unnecessary (crap). And, we had a lot of crap!

Okay...now for the after of the utility room and basement!






As you can see, the kids got their own space. They wanted a play room...so I tried to give them that. It will have to do...for now. Until we come up with the next plan.

Now, I have cleaned and cleared nearly 2 floors of our home. Now, for completing the main level. I have started on it, but have a ways to go.

Although it is supposed to be spring...there is still snow on the ground. So, I have time to finish, right?!

No comments: