Sunday, October 24, 2010

One Year Later...

 
One Year Ago

It has been one year since we said good bye to our home in Northwest Omaha. I looked up last year's blog, but it is still too painful for me to read.

Funny really, because I am growing to like our new home, at least a little.

Don't get me wrong, I want a smaller house, a ranch actually. I want a smaller yard, and I want less maintenance. This home is overwhelming and exhausting to me. But, it is growing on me.

But, I still miss Northwest Omaha every day. I miss the ease of our life. Yes, our home needed some work, but the work seems manageable after looking at all the work we have done at our current address. Chris and I both agree, we miss our previous Church most of all. It is still difficult for us to go to Mass here. It just does not seem like home. We knew many people at our previous parish, and we just have not had that welcomed feeling at our new parish. Perhaps it will come, but it has not yet.

What is funny, is how small our previous home looks now. It was totally manageable, though. The 2 things I really do not miss...the small garage and the neighbors.

On second thought, we made the right decision to move. But, I will always miss our first home sweet home.
Today

No comments: