Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Victory for Addison

At the age of 2 1/2, Addison is now inching closer to being fully potty trained!

Asher is now fully walking, giving me more time to get other things done. You know, like the laundry I may need to do if I pulled off Addison's diaper at night and during naps. So, I finally did it Sunday. After she was been telling me every morning and after naps, "Mommy, my diaper is wet" or she actually was taking it off, using a baby wipe, and then putting on panties, I decided she was beyond ready. However, she had yet to go #2 in the potty, saving this duty for diaper time. Anyway, I sat her down on Sunday before quiet time and just told her she was getting too big for diapers. I put a big pat on the floor and her little potty on top telling her to go in the potty if she needed to during quiet time. And, to my surprise, she did! Sunday night was a bad night. She changed her pj's, mostly by herself, 3 or 4 times.

Monday's nap she stayed dry. It is just a matter of her remembering she does not have a diaper. In the past, I would ask before naptime if she needed to go potty and she would tell me, "I'll just pee pee in diaper." Oh, come on!

Then came last night. As I did with Alivia, I woke her up at 10 PM to have her go potty (& this is after cutting off fluids after dinner, just until she figures things out). I took her to the big potty where...Victory, finally...the long awaited woo-woo, #2, or whatever you want to call it! We were so excited!

So, Addison's first victory. So, as we get closer to my day of doing fewer loads of laundry, we are now officially down to one in diapers! Yeah!! And, with Asher, I will potty train everything at once!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: