Sunday, February 01, 2009

Losing my mind?

On Monday of last week, Alivia jumped into the van after preschool, excited to open a card from one of her classmates. It was an invitation to a birthday party of a little girl in her class to be at BOINGZ. She was so excited! I quickly glanced at the invitation when we got home and so did Chris. The invitation, we thought, said for Jan. 31. I knew that was Saturday and tucked that in the back of mind as our busy week of real estate agent visits progressed. For anyone that has gone through this home selling process knows, the agent comes and checks out your home. Then they come back on another day for 1 1/2-2 hours to give their presentation ending with their market analysis and what they would list your home at. All week I was busying myself cleaning and trying to keep things clean. The birthday party was being talked about a lot, and I kept telling Alivia - "It's Saturday" never taking another look at the invitation that I tucked away. Saturday came, and so did two more agents. We had the birthday gift ready to go as we raced out the door to get to the party. We arrived and another little girl was there with her Daddy. However, the party was FRIDAY!! Alivia burst into tears. What? Friday? I know ours said Saturday, or did it? I paid the $7.50 as Alivia jumped with the few kids that were there. She was starving, however, as I did not know if she would have a pizza party at the party or what. (the party was from 6-8pm). So, after 45 minutes of play, we came home for dinner.

As all of our activities come together, I am definitely losing my mind (or am going to soon).

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: