Sunday, February 01, 2009

Employed Again

Like I do not have anything else to do...I have taken the employment plunge again. I really do not know what I was thinking, however. After I applied and thought I did not get this position, although disappointed, I felt a sense of relief. Then, they called and offered me the position. What for? A nurse for 8 hours every other week from 11p-7a. So, the kids would be asleep, and all I would miss is my sleep (and a big chunk of sanity). As a nurse, I need to work in order to keep up my license. Not a lot, just some. I have not worked as a nurse since leaving Children's in 2006. After accepting the position, I am thinking perhaps I should have waited until Alivia started school to take on such a big task (especially with running a 1/2 marathon, moving, etc). Chris and I have our plates so full now that I think we are getting overwhelmed (I am just speaking for myself now). But, as I tend to do, I will take on this new job and see if I can swing it. Chris, once again, is saying, "Please, do not take a job!" And, I know, he is typically right about these things.
Officially, I am to start in March. I have 2 days of training during the day and then I start my once every other week night shift. So, we will see what the next month brings...stayed tuned.

* Oh, by the way, I quit Janie and Jack a couple of weeks ago. It was going to just be too much with open houses. Chris needed to be doing the open house while I watched the kids or vice versa. So, moving on...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: