Tuesday, February 03, 2009

To Stink or Not...

This morning, I forced my tired body out of bed to go downstairs and run on the treadmill. I am not a morning person at all. It takes me a while to wake up, so getting up and going downstairs generally is not enough to get my body moving. But anyway, I did my run. I finished and went upstairs to find Alivia and Addison already awake and playing (at 6:45!). So I got them dressed, gave them breakfast, then Asher woke up, got him dressed (in a 3 piece suit and tie) and fed. Then, it was time to take a quick Valentine photo for the kids' Valentine cards.  Finally, it was my turn to take a shower and get dressed! So, I took the kids upstairs, got Asher occupied with his favorite Tinker Toys, Addison watching Elmo Potty, & Alivia was playing with both of them, and jumped in the shower for a few moments. I got all soaped up, shampoo in hair, and reached up to turn the shower head a different direction. What was I thinking? The whole shower head came off in my hand! Um, what is this? Seriously, as I stood there all soapy and needing to get to a new stream of warm water, all 3 kiddos sitting outside of the shower now staring at me, I decided I think I am ready for an apartment again! Seriously! I just wanted to take a shower!

The kids and I did go to Lowes and purchase the parts in order for me to attempt to fix it. However, I was unsuccessful. It will be waiting, all layed out on the counter in the master bathroom, for Chris when he arrives home for 12-13 hours at work and then our 3rd meeting with a real estate agent. Oh, he will be so excited!

As I have said to Topher before, somedays I would rather just stink.

 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments: