Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Mommy's Hunt

Today the hunt began. No, I am not on a bear hunt! I am on a hunt for a Mommy's helper of sorts, someone to watch the kiddos so I can go to the OBGYN alone, for example. My parents are more than helpful when I ask, but to have them drive an hour to and from our home so that I can go to a 1 hour appointment seems ridiculous. For 4 weeks in a row, my parents are watching the kids from a few hours to the entire day so I can go to continuing ed classes (in a blizzard, mind you), doctor appointments, jury duty, and 2 days of training at UNMC. In an effort to find someone to watch the kiddos, I posted an ad for a babysitter. Oh goodness...college students expect to get paid more than I do as a nurse to watch 3 kiddos for 2 hours!! And, on top of it, can I pay them $10 for travel and gas money? Seriously, it not my fault you do not live near our home. And, no! I think I will update my ad to state realistic pay requirements. If these students think their employer is going to pay them gas money to drive to work they have another thing coming! I am willing to pay well, however, for the right candidate. But, as we all know, I have given up some of my organs already this month for plumbing.

So, the hunt is on...

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

O'Toole said...

Do you have an age requirement? I have a 15 yo female cousin who is AWESOME with kids. However, she lives kind of far away, doesn't drive, and is in school during school hours. But she would be great for evenings, weekends, and summer.