Thursday, February 05, 2009

Today

7:30: Wake up! Wow! I slept in & so did the kids. Alivia slept until 7:30 - craziness!
7:40: Get all kids dressed, cleaned up for the day. Addi had an accident, so get a load of sheets/pad/pjs in the wash machine. Fun.
8 am: Breakfast
8:05 - Mommy calls plumbers. Learn plumbers get paid to drive to my house. More craziness! Select plumber for one kidney an hour.Check cell minutes online. Over by 50! Lovely. Guess too many phone calls for this house stuff. Have 8 days of no adult interaction. Fun.
8:30: My clean up time.
9 Get Kids ready for trip to bank and drop off car for oil change
9:30 Out the door for errands, bank, drop off car. Walk from oil change to home with the kids. Learn Maple Street is too busy to cross with stroller and Alivia, but what is my alternative.
10:30 Play outside until lunch. It is a beautiful day! Love the 50's. Asher loves the swing - laughs out loud! He is so cute (well, I'm biased & all).
11: 45 Lunch. Asher is mad because I have to cook lunch. Love it when he cries as I prepare meals. Quiet him with some cooked carrots. Mmmm!
12:30 Naptime. Kids go right to sleep. I get to cleaning up our bedroom, then dining room. More laundry.
1:15 Plumber arrives and wakes up Asher and Alivia. Naptime over? Alivia goes downstairs and falls asleep on the couch as plumber gets to work.
1:45: Naptime over for Asher it appears. Plumber is done, only lost one kidney. He removed the broken piece inside the pipe. Can not put on the new parts I bought because they are plastic. So, I have to return them. Great. Alivia and Addison sleep. Mommy and Asher rock awhile, but Asher just wants down to play. No nap for him. Great.
3: Everyone awake. Addison had a #2 accident. Lovely. Another load of sheets/clothes in to wash machine. I love laundry. I love potty training. (little sarcasm).
3:15 Time for snack. Then, load the kiddos up in the stroller and Alivia walks as we head out to pick up the car.
3:30: Car done. Meineke tries to rip me off. Thinks Mommy of 3 is stupid. Will not return. Will go back to Jenson (where they rip me off too). Then off to Lowes to return plastic shower head/arm thingy.
3:40 Return made. Off to Menards as Plumber thought they had the biggest selection of brass stuff. I would get brushed silver, but the shower on/off thingy is brass, the shower is trimmed in brass, and the sink faucets are brass. Stuck with it for now, unfortunately.
4 Menards in Elkhorn does not have any brass. Annoyed. Load up the kids again and head back to Omaha to go to Home Depot. Seriously. Asher cries all the way from Menards to Home Depot.
4:30 Home depot has the brass shower head, not the brass shower arm, so I have to get silver. Annoyed. I will make it work at home. I have ideas ( I can use the brass hole cover, silver arm, brass shower head...it will blend...whatever). Pick up for sale by owner signs while I am out. Lost second kidney. Awesome!
5:15 Arrive home. As I am unloading the car, Chris gets home after his 11 hour day & is crabby. Girls run to the backyard to play while Asher and I go to fix up the shower.
5:30: Shower complete and working. Yeah! Now, let's see if I have time to do some caulking tonight in the shower. That sounds fun.
5:45 Girls inside standing in kitchen with Daddy asking what's for dinner. Um, I have been so concerned about the shower, I have not thought about dinner. Great. Turkey wraps it is. Nobody complains (highly unusual).
6:15 Clean up dinner. Head upstairs for bathtime. Addison screams through the bath. I think I am going to go deaf. Seriously!
6:45 Alivia goes downstairs with Daddy while Addi, Asher & I stay upstairs. Asher plays with toys, Addison watches Elmo, while Mommy scrapes out old caulking in shower to apply new. Fun.
7:45 Book time and bedtime. Kiddos right to sleep again. How nice.
8 My back is semi better. Go out for a short 4 mile run. Wanted to go farther, but did not wanna risk it.
8:30 Downstairs to do bills, talk to my mom, fold some of my many loads of laundry (2 loads for Addisons sheets, each kids' laundry, and a load of towels). Chris' turn for a jog.
9 Upstairs to recaulk shower. Clear out Chris' tools, etc. Looks better.
10 Downstairs to get bag packed for visit to Grandmas tomorrow, read email, look at a few houses, hummm...maybe I will blog my day.

I never want to hear that SAHM's do not do anything. Okay?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

2 comments:

O'Toole said...

You crack me up!! It is UNBELIEVABLE what you get done ina day!! I am truely impressed!!!

Imatjen said...

God bless ya, I need a nap now after reading that... oh and I promise not to have an accident. Hang in there. Wished you could get paid overtime pay for all the extra aggravation.